Messe München is an exhibition center in the Messestadt Riem area in the eastern district of Munich Trudering-Riem built in the period 1994-1998, bordered by the south Willy-Brandt-Allee and the residential development of Riem Messestadt and Riem arcades.
Messe München organizes tailored made solutions that can be adapted to suit any event by offering spacious exhibition halls with top facilities and features. The exhibition area of 414,000 sq metres open space and 200,000 sq metres hall space, incorporates 18 exhibition halls (11 to 16 m ceiling heights) and 50 meeting rooms.
The venue is becoming increasingly important, not only because it hosts high-profile events of all kind such as automatica, BAU and bauma, but because it has the worlds largest photovoltaic system installed on the roof of the exhibition halls, that produces about 1,000 MWh of electricity annually.
Perfectly tailored for different exhibitions and events, Messe München also connects people from all over the world by becoming one of the best platforms for a successful business. Here attendees and visitors benefit from the excellent services and know-how that the venue provides and have an amazing experience during the guest events, annual general meetings and corporate events including conferences and trainings.
We at at Expo Travel Solutions offer a wide range of valuable hotel options near Messe München or with favourable transport to it, depending on your budget and requirements. Get in touch with us now!
How to get to Messe München
- After arriving at the Munich Airport you have different possibilities to get to the trade-fair-grounds. During some trade fairs, the organizers offer own airport Messe München shuttle to and from Munich Airport. The busses depart every 20 minutes and travel nonstop to the trade-fair grounds. A one-way trip takes approx. 45 minutes. The ride costs EUR 9 one-way or EUR 15 round trip.
Directly below the central area of the Munich Airport, you’ll find the suburban train (S-Bahn) lines S1 and S8. Every 10 minutes a train departs for the city center. Depending on the route you choose, the ride takes between 45 and 60 minutes.
- Messe München is directly connected to Munich’s public transportation system, which is fast, reliable and environmentally-friendly. The trade-fair grounds are located directly next to the two subway (U-Bahn) stops Messestadt West and Messestadt Ost of the line U2. For events at the ICM – Internationales Congress Center München, please exit at the stop Messestadt West. The line U2 direction Messestadt Ost runs from 04:00 to 01:00, Monday to Friday between 06:00 and 20:00 every 5 minutes.
- The trade-fair grounds have two subway (U-Bahn) stops: Messestadt West and Messestadt Ost, of the line U2. You will need around 20 minutes from Munich central sation. The U2 subway line direction Messestadt Ost runs from 04:00 in the morning to 01:00 at night, Monday to Friday between 06:00 and 20:00 every 5 minutes and takes you directly to Messe München. When using this subway line you don’t have to change. Get off at the Messestadt West and / or Messestadt Ost stop. The travel time is approx. 18 minutes.
- The trade-fair grounds are located directly next to the freeway A94. Reach it by taking either the exit Feldkirchen-West (Exit Nr. 6) or München-Riem (Exit Nr. 5). On the trade-fair grounds, a dynamic traffic control system regulates the flow of traffic. It directs you the free and closest parking spaces.
- There are enough parking spaces available for both exhibitors and visitors. During events, the traffic-control system will guide you to vacant parking spaces. The parking lots at the open-air exhibition grounds and the parking deck (Parkhaus West) nearby the West Entrance and ICM open two hours before the event begins and close two hours after the event ends.